 Coordination of European projects in the frame of the Youth in Action Programme 2007-2013 > Coordination of European volunteers in sending and hosting (EVS) > Planning and organisation of intercultural exchanges and attendance of groups abroad > Coordination of Active Citizenship projects  coordination of vocational training internships in hosting (Leonardo da Vinci and Erasmus)  organisation and participation in workshops and international events

Monday, November 09, 2009

Agela wrote



Our ex-EVS Angela, now on vacation in Australia, writes us:


"The journey was... well... how to say? Veeery long, really a massacre, especially when I was sitting next to an old couple from Singapore who were arguing and hassling in their seats all time long :) Australia is a wonderful country. My first general impression: Sunshine and happy, kind, smiling people everywhere. They turn to you and cheerily greet you whatever you are doing (simply going to the grocery, ordering in a bar or simply in the street). I still find it hard communcating in English, when I want to say something Italian words always come out :) I'm going to buy a nice English book in order to switch me on a bit. Brisbane is a very big town but not very old, there are almost only new high palces and skyscrapers in the city, just a couple of churches and buildings from the colonies' time. In short, it doesn't look historical (like every Italaian corner), and I am already missing that. Australians themselves say a bit ironically that in Australia "no culture, but a lot of nature", which is true. There are countless opportunities to pass your free time into the wild, enjoying flora and fauna, and I am trying to get the most of my days here: a walk into the nearest National Park, (rainforest, waterfalls, eucalypt forest), a weekentoto the ocean and... the ocean is the ocean, no doubts, but to tell the truth I don't like it too much: the water is soo cold and there are such huge and scaring waves. The most beautiful thing for me is the jungle, where we even climbed up a vulcano: it was wonderful! Luckily I have also earned some money, so I don't feel guilty in buying some dresses :) and going on excursions every weekend :)
I have to go now, a big hug to everybody,
Angela"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home