 Coordination of European projects in the frame of the Youth in Action Programme 2007-2013 > Coordination of European volunteers in sending and hosting (EVS) > Planning and organisation of intercultural exchanges and attendance of groups abroad > Coordination of Active Citizenship projects  coordination of vocational training internships in hosting (Leonardo da Vinci and Erasmus)  organisation and participation in workshops and international events

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Good-bye Will and Louise!

They have just gone back to England and we are already missing their British accent!

Here is how Will and Louise describe their experience after 9 months at Coop. Agorà. Let's leave the last word to them!

WILL: "I feel that I have matured a lot throughout my EVS project. This experience has taught me a lot about responsibility, patience and maturity. have had an unforgettable time on my EVS. I have gained some valuable life skills that will help me in future adventures. I have also met some amazing people and some of these people I will never forget. I think that the skills I gained on a personal level would help in any future job. It has been very interesting adjusting to a new culture; at times it has been difficult but I have welcomed these challenges. Meeting other volunteers from around Europe and the world has made me more aware of other cultures and lifestyles."

LOUISE: "My project and the people within it have been fantastic. I could not have asked for better people to spend my 9 months with. Integration was difficult at first but after learning a bit more language I managed to have many pleasant conversations with my neighbours. The cultural differences were obvious when we tried to socialize with people our own age but I have found friends older than myself that I have spent quality time with and have enjoyed the company of very much. I have learnt many skills such as personal care, feeding and interaction of people less able. I have learnt a lot about the culture such as the importance of family.
I have learnt that European people seem to know more about the English than we do about the rest of Europe. I hope we can change this! This EVS has already helped me for the future as I have been offered a position working in the same environment. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home